Friday, June 11, 2010

The Truth As I See It by Nakia R. Laushaul

The Truth As I See It by Nakia R. Laushaul
Author's Personal Introduction

I love the written word. Ever since I was nine years old I knew that I wanted to write. I still remember the first real novel I ever read, and the impact that novel still has over my life. Somehow, life, love, and discontentment squeezed itself in between the coils of Gods purpose for my existence. I buried my dreams. Whatever the case, it doesnt matter anymore. What is important is that I am here now and oh how happy I am to be exactly where I am, introducing myself to you. I commit to the integrity of my thoughts soulfully arranged on paper.

I know this is the first you may have heard of me, but it won't be the last.

This is my dream, not to write poetry, but to tell stories. Stories that bruise, scab over, and finally heal as though there was never a bruise. There were so many nights I lie awake crying and thinking about what it really meant to be a woman, a mother, a sister, a daughter, a member of society, and most importantly a child of God. I thought it was insomnia (smile), but it was purpose calling out to me.

Finally, I put pen to paper and I let my fingers tap incessantly across my keyboard until the joy and pain within poured out of my spirit. I offer to you my stories in the form of poetry & prose. This is The Truth A I See It. Please enjoy.




Poem: Empty
by Nakia R. Laushaul


I feel like an empty circle
With no center.
God pencil me in
Use ink . . .
Hurry

From the book The Truth As I See It
Copyright; All Rights Reserved by Nakia R. Laushaul

View the video book introduction here:  http://www.audioacrobat.com/note/CP8jN9GQ


Peer Book Review for The Truth As I See It:
Have you ever felt a heart beat on paper? Experience Nakia Laushaul's The Truth as I See It. This talented newcomer has a distinctive voice that must be heard, offering insights on everything from love-turned-hate to the tentative joys of parenthood to all-important self-appreciation. Follow the poet's voice as she narrates the peaks and valleys in this journey we call life. The Truth as I See It reads like magic and will leave you forever changed. --Marguerite Benjamin Parker, author of A Debt Too Deep

Sincerely,
Nakia R. Laushaul


Nakia R. Laushaul, author of The Truth As I See It
• Website: http://www.nakiarlaushaul.com/
• Follow the Blog: http://nakialaushaul.blogspot.com/
• Book Intro: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vq5T85tMQ68


Please Tweet about this article, repost and share at Facebook and tell all ya friends about The Truth As I See It. Thanks!

No comments: